Have you recently been promoted as manager? Then your existing skill-set may not be sufficient enough to fulfill your responsibilities as a leader. If you want to succeed as a new manager, then you will have to learn many new things before you can be a good manager. Most new managers make these mistakes:
- They work hard, but they have not yet learned to delegate the tasks effectively.
- They spend more time in impressing those above them than helping their team succeed.
But as a new manager, you should be focusing more on…
- Knowing your team personally.
- Sharing your ideas, values, and thoughts on what your team likes to do and how they intend to work.
- Communicating freely with you and amongst themselves.
- Learning continually will enable you to focus on gaining better skills.
Want to know more how new manager training may help? Click here!