A LED display board is an effective way to grab people’s attention. It makes an impressive impact on passersby, encourages more customers to come to your store. The boards enable businesses to cultivate their target market easily and convert viewers into customers respectively. The display panels of the LED display or message boards are used to create different look and feel of a number of products and services. The boards include superior graphics and can be designed in different sizes and shapes to meet your needs and requirements.
If you want to use LED message board, you should be careful enough to choose the correct size.
Let’s discuss how big or small the board size should be.
Size of LED message board
To choose the perfect size, you should carefully review the location and the specific application. Consider lanes of traffic, speed limit of traffic, stop signs or stop lights, sign height/elevation, distance and content.
- Content of board: Of all the points mentioned above, content plays one of the most pivotal roles. If you are creating a monochrome LED sign, you should know exactly what you need to say. And further, choose the most impressive way to say.
- Traffic patterns: After content, consider the traffic patterns. Keep in mind that the speed limit of vehicles and viewing distance carry a great impact on the viewing time. Your towns sign ordinance can also have an impact here.
- Correct pitch: Next thing is to consider the correct pitch. If you choose a smaller or tighter pitch, you can make the size of minimum character smaller.
- Distance: Make sure whether your LED message board will be viewed by long or shorter distance by people traveling in a car at 24mph speed. If the distance is longer, you need a larger character size. It can be easily read by the traffic can read it. In opposed, if the traffic is close with the speed limit 30mph , it is advisable to use a small character size, and smaller pitch, and your message will still be readable.
- Matrix pitch: If you are getting a color LED sign, it will be difficult for you to determine the matrix pitch. Carefully, consider the application and the aspect ratio. The smaller the matrix and the larger the pitch, the grainier the picture on the LED sign will be.
- Resolution: If you consider the distance properly, you will be able to decide the right resolution.
A too big LED Sign is nothing but wastage of money. Similarly, a too small LED display is also the wastage of money. Hence, it is important to choose the right size by considering the points mentioned above.